Saturday, November 21, 2015

Morning Fields and Forest


I cannot help but try to find or create beauty wherever I go.  There is a gem of a garden near my work.  The morning sunlight casting crisp shadows and a warm glow on the fields and forests, where chickadees and robins feed on seeds and berries, is a balm to my soul.  I like to spend my time walking there, surrounded by nature, preparing my mind for the day's challenges.  Last week, I took my camera along with me on one of these walks, and took a few good pictures.  The lighting was just gorgeous, and the autumn colors, while fading, are still strongly present.  Everything seemed so crisp, clear, and new.  An added treat were the scores of chipmunks rustling about in the forest floor.  They were very shy and would scurry to cover whenever I drew near, but I did get close to one.  I stopped and waited until it came out of hiding, staring at me as I snapped a few shots.  It "chukked" at me, a warning call, slower and softer than what you usually hear from them, until I moved position to get a different angle.  Then it ducked quickly underneath a log and hid from view.  It was a great way to start my day.






No comments:

Post a Comment