Friday, November 28, 2014

Two Horses



"Two Horses- Sketch"
Pentel EnerGel pen
small leather sketchbook
I found a gel pen in my purse, and spent the next few hours drawing.  When drawing in pen, I do not do a preliminary sketch in pencil but go right for it.  This worked very well for me in my life drawing classes and has resulted in some of my more bold and interesting drawings.  I suspect that this is because there is no undoing any "mistakes," and this gives my work more character.  I love drawing two horses together, connecting in their wordless language of breath and touch.

I have been doing a few pen pieces on watercolor paper, mainly because I have a huge stack of loose leaf watercolor paper which is easy to transport in a small folder.  Bristol or regular drawing paper is preferable to me, but I haven't bought a conveniently sized pad of paper yet.  I hate spending money and like working with what I have; I can make the excuse that the watercolor paper adds an interesting texture to my work.  Improvement to both my skill and supplies will come with time.

"Two Horses"
Pentel EnerGel pen
11"x13" watercolor paper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment