Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Portrait of a Horse

"Portrait"
graphite
I managed to completely fill up my leather sketchbook, so I have moved on to a new one.  It's a rare accomplishment for me, and one I hope to repeat.  This new sketchbook was purchased at the same time as the old one, and is the same size (I know, I know, I really ought to do some larger drawings).  

I was in the mood to draw a horse face.  The framing of the subject could have been done better- I would have liked to include all of the ears, not just the base, and also a little more of the neck.  I was able to fix having made the horse's muzzle too long and slender, and I do believe that this is only the second time that I have ever attempted drawing the veins on a horse.  While I could have spent more time on this, I am still happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment